If you want to eat chocolate cake, but not willing to bake a cake this is the cake for you. This recipe was prepared by my wife and became a favorite of our family. It requires only 3 minutes to cook in the microwave compared 45 minutes for a regular cake.
The ingredients are not many and easily obtained except brown sugar but some can be replaced with refined granulated sugar. Among the secret ingredients of this cake is instant coffee powder that will enhance the natural flavor of chocolate.
4 tablespoons of wheat flour
2 tablespoons castor/refined sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 Milo's tablespoon
2 large blade of koko powder
3 tablespoons of liquid milk
3 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 an egg
1/2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/4 coffee powder blade immediately
2 tablespoon of water
40ml of fresh milk
60g chocolate chips
1 butter knife
- Enter the wheat flour into the used, followed by castor sugar, Milo, koko powder. Mix with an egg beater if any so that the ingredients are well blended.
2 Then add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. Mix so that the baking powder is even. This will ensure a balanced distribution of baking powder.
- Add war sugar, we add brown sugar one last time because , brown sugar is slightly moist and will produce lumps if mixed too early.
- Mix a little instant coffee powder like nescafe. The taste of coffee will enhance the natural taste of chocolate. Add it too 1/2 teaspoons of salt. And mix well.
- Now we enter the wet ingredients, cooking oil, liquid milk, egg, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence. Mix it up.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and stir until well combined.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil into a microwave safe bowl. Apply the oil on the surface in the bowl. This will ensure the cake rises easily and does not easily crack in the middle.
- Now pour the cake batter into the bowl.
- Put in the microwave for 3 minutes at medium or medium settings, do not use high power settings or settings.
10.For the chocolate sauce, heat 40ml of fresh milk to melt 60g of chocolate chips. Reduce the heat and stop stirring until the chocolate and milk are well combined.
- Add 1 tablespoons butter and melt.Continue stirring until the butter is well blended and the sauce is thick.
- Remove the cake from the microwave and pour in the chocolate sauce.
- Let the chocolate sauce seep into the cake for 2-3 minutes. The milo chocolate cake is now ready to eat.